This page informs you of IOT’s policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use IOT’s Service (as defined below).
Service is the www.iot-hmi.com website operated by Immense Oak Technologies, Inc.
Personal Data means the name, date of birth, I.D. Card number, passport number, characteristics, fingerprints, marital status, family, education, occupation, medical record, medical treatment, genetic information, sexual life, health examination, criminal record, contact information, financial conditions, social activities and other information which may be used to identify a natural person, both directly and indirectly.
Usage Data is data collected and generated automatically by the use of the Service or from this Site or otherwise arising from the performance of the Services.
Cookies are small amount of data generated by a website and stored on your device (computer or mobile device). Its purpose is to remember information about you, similar to a preference file created by a software application.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes the Personal Data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect different types of information for the purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While accessing to the IOT’s Site or using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with Personal Data, including but not limited to:
- Email address
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect Usage Data when the Service is accessed and used. The collected Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type and version, the content of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your access, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so ("Location Data"). We may use the collected Location Data to improve and customize our Service.
You can enable or disable the provision of such Location Data when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Tracking Cookies Data
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the Site will tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our Service features may not function as a result if you choose not to accept the cookies.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. These are temporary cookies, which only exist for the period when you access to the Site and which are automatically deleted from your device at the end of each visit. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. These cookies allow our Site to remember information that changes the way the Site behaves or looks, such as your preferred language or the region you are in. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes, such as to authenticate users, prevent improper use of login credentials, and protect user data from unauthorized parties.
Use of Data
Immense Oak Technologies, Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide, maintain and improve our Service
- To communicate with you through emails, text messages or phone calls about our products and Services, targeted marketing materials, service updates, and promotional offers unless you have opted not to receive such information
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide you with product registration, technical and customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent, solve and address technical issues
- To transfer information to our authorized third parties, such as engaged Service Providers ; and
- Other uses as indicated with the information that is collected
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Immense Oak Technologies, Inc. may process your Personal Data because:
- The processing is necessarily required for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- You have given us consent to the processing.
- The processing is made in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- The processing is necessarily required for the compliance with the applicable laws
- The processing is necessarily required for protection of the vital interests of you or another natural person
- The processing is necessarily required for the performance of a task carried out for the public interest or assigned by the competent authority
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to improve the functionality and security of our Service, or that we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and processed on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside of Taiwan and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Taiwan and process it there as our office is located in Taiwan.
Disclosure of Data
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good-faith belief that such action is necessarily required to:
- To the extent required by applicable laws, regulations or court or administrative order
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Immense Oak Technologies, Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible improper use in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- To perform our obligations under the applicable agreements or in the event of our reorganization, merger, or sale of substantial assets.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us. However, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or no method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on "Do Not Track" Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform any websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you, or if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request that we transfer the Personal Data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Immense Oak Technologies, Inc. relied on your consent to process your Personal Data.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals ("Service Providers") to facilitate our Service, provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. We may share Personal Data with such companies..
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party’s sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from Children. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: [email protected]
- By visiting this page on our website: www.iot-hmi.com
Your Right under the laws of the Republic of China (Taiwan)
According to the laws of the Republic of China (Taiwan), notwithstanding the above, for your provided Personal Data, you are entitled to:
- any inquiry and request for a review of the Personal Data;
- any request to make duplications of the Personal Data;
- any request to supplement or correct the Personal Data;
- any request to discontinue collection, processing or use of Personal Data;
- any request to delete Personal Data.